Unlock the Magic in Your Story Now
Get the Free 20 questions to Ask Before Launching Your Idea workbook when you sign up for occasional updates.
How To Start Something
1. Make a plan.
A physical plan. Get the ideas out of your head and onto paper.
2. Create a deadline and stick to it.
Add the action steps that take you from where you are now to where you want to be.
3. Share your goal, or don’t.
Being accountable to someone other than yourself works for some, but not for others.
You decide what works for you.
4. Commit and chunk it down.
Set aside time to work on your idea every day. Gather resources. Rally collaborators.
5. Do the work.
Stop talking. Start doing.
6. Don’t let research and over-analysis stand in the way of getting started.
You’ll never have every single bit of information you need. Sometimes enough has to be good enough.
7. Stop making excuses.
Care enough to want to see your idea in the world. Then make it happen.
8. Don’t get caught in the ‘comparison trap’.
Spend your time making progress rather than comparing and contrasting. There will be plenty of time for metrics when you’re done.
9. Surround yourself with supportive people who understand your vision.
Ignore the naysayers.
10.Be a doer.
Launch. Succeed a little. Fail and learn.
11. Remember what it is you really want to see in the world.
Then go do that.
Image by Herbalizer.